Echo & Alexa Forums

Can I program Alexa for Table of Commands for Radio?

jborchel

Can I program Alexa for Table of Commands for Radio?
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:05:08 pm »
I would like to program a table in the Alexa app that contained my favorite radio stations. For instance, instead of saying "Alexa, play station shuffle on Pandora", I would like to say "Alexa, play shuffle" or "Alexa, shuffle". So if I could do that then I would then load my other stations I typically listen to.

This request seems so sensible that it must exist already. Does it?

jborchel

Re: Can I program Alexa for Table of Commands for Radio?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:44:14 am »
I would like to program a table in the Alexa app that contained my favorite radio stations. For instance, instead of saying "Alexa, play station shuffle on Pandora", I would like to say "Alexa, play shuffle" or "Alexa, shuffle". So if I could do that then I would then load my other stations I typically listen to.

This questions has had 64 views and no replies. Is my question not understandable or no one knows the answer?

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:40:07 am »
you want something that works like the car radio.  not going to happen at this time with alexa.

Jerome

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:34:11 am »
What about a routine to shorten the command at least ?
And be able to say "Alexa, shuffle"
I don't use routines myself so I'm not sure it's doable, just my 2 cents.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 05:57:01 am »
stations are not like music where you can create playlists as a round about way of renaming.  check your account on Pandora and see if they can do it.  if they can, then maybe then you will be able to use alexa to do what you want.  I don't have a pandora account so I cannot check.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 10:03:32 am »
I googled, apparently, of all the music apps, Pandora is the ONLY one that can do what you want, OP. I don't know if you can voice activate that with Alexa even with prime Pandora account.

And Pandora has that feature for decades now from what I read.

Oh well, I re read the article I found, it's not shuffling actual radio stations but rather genres on your list.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:11:44 am by asianrocker »

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 01:19:41 pm »

This questions has had 64 views and no replies. Is my question not understandable or no one knows the answer?
You have 4 replies not counting this one.