Echo & Alexa Forums

Using outside the US

Maff

Re: Using outside the US
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 07:34:49 pm »
I just got both my Echos working with my correct UK address & timezone! Working with weather & local info & displaying correctly on the alexa app. Wonderful! I've had timezone working for a while with the old method, but am ready pleased my echo is finally working now I have been waiting well over a year for 'proper' weather and local info. Alexa seems more polished now! I had trouble getting it to work with the curl method as detailed in the curl link.. In then end I followed the advice for the cygwin installation further down in the comments on the same page & it worked like a charm. Wish I'd done that right at the start! Thanks so much for the advice!

mtagt56

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2016, 07:02:23 am »
Hello,

Can somebody tell me how you actually edit the source code using request maker I cant seem to be able to do it?

I take it i am being stupid or something?

Thanks in advance

Martin

mtagt56

Using outside the US
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:24 am »
Hi Again,

Ignore my previous psot i sussed it out. 

I have it all working now  using request maker I even got it to change the weather to my local area (my own post code) and its spot on.  I can also now find nearby information such as takeaway, hospitals etc

I noticed in command source that changing country code to GB appears to make it work.

Code for what I have done is below

{"deviceAccountId":"xxxxxxxxx","deviceAddress":"75 Cloverhill Court, Stanley, Durham, DH9","deviceAddressModel":{"city":"Durham","countryCode":"GB","county":"Durham","district":null,"houseNumber":"75","label":"123 W Sample St, South, United Kingdom","postalCode":"DH9 6BU","state":null,"street":"Cloverhill Court"},"deviceSerialNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx","deviceType":"","firstRunCompleted":true,"notificationEarconEnabled":true,"postalCode":"46601","responseStyle":"CONCISE","searchCustomerId":temperatureScale":"CELSIUS","timeZoneId":"Europe/London","voiceCastEnabled":null,"autocastToThisClient":false,"isSaveInFlight":true}
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:14:28 am by mtagt56 »

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2016, 01:07:34 pm »
Hi Again,

I have it all working now  using request maker I even got it to change the weather to my local area (my own post code) and its spot on.  I can also now find nearby information such as takeaway, hospitals etc

I noticed in command source that changing country code to GB appears to make it work.

{"deviceAccountId":"xxxxxxxxx","deviceAddress":"75 Cloverhill Court, Stanley, Durham, DH9","deviceAddressModel":{"city":"Durham","countryCode":"GB","county":"Durham","district":null,"houseNumber":"75","label":"123 W Sample St, South, United Kingdom","postalCode":"DH9 6BU","state":null,"street":"Cloverhill Court"},"deviceSerialNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx","deviceType":"","firstRunCompleted":true,"notificationEarconEnabled":true,"postalCode":"46601","responseStyle":"CONCISE","searchCustomerId":temperatureScale":"CELSIUS","timeZoneId":"Europe/London","voiceCastEnabled":null,"autocastToThisClient":false,"isSaveInFlight":true}
I am a bit lost in this topic tree :( What exactly did you use to get this working?

Cheers,
Alex

mtagt56

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »
Hi Again,

I am a bit lost in this topic tree :( What exactly did you use to get this working?

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex.

I used request maker to get it to work via chrome.

Installed request maker

Logged onto Alexa on my PC

Went to settings.

Changed my address to an American address

Then saved

On the right I selected the envelope and looked for the PUT api devices (that's not exact name). But it's in one of the replies on here

I then use request maker to edit raw text!!

If you follow my text but replace with your own address and post code it should work fine

Please don't try and copy and paste as each device has unique user code etc, but you can see the changes I made to code to get it to work!!

Also I did a step at a time I.e changed time zone to Europe/London then clicked send.

So long as you get 200 it will be successful.

Then I worked downwards with my details! Country code I used GB OPPOSED to UK

let me know how to get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2016, 02:01:43 pm »
Hi Again,

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex.

Installed request maker

Went to settings.

Then saved

On the right I selected the envelope and looked for the PUT api devices (that's not exact name). But it's in one of the replies on here

If you follow my text but replace with your own address and post code it should work fine

Please don't try and copy and paste as each device has unique user code etc, but you can see the changes I made to code to get it to work!!

Also I did a step at a time I.e changed time zone to Europe/London then clicked send.

THANK YOU :)

Cheers,
Alex

mtagt56

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2016, 05:50:03 am »
Hi Again,

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex.

Installed request maker

Went to settings.

Then saved

THANK YOU :)

Cheers,
Alex

How did you get on Alex? I added Roger to my iPhone that lets you control Alexa from your phone, had same issue with time and weather but again I changed raw files now it fully works

red4life69

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2016, 06:30:21 pm »
hello everybody I am a complete novice at this can somebody please help me set up my echo to make it work in the UK.

I will happily pay some one if needs be as I do not have the level of expertise to do this.

If anybody could help me I would be every so grateful and pay them for their time.

Thank you in advance

RJ

red4life69

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 06:43:43 pm »
I just got both my Echos working with my correct UK address & timezone! Working with weather & local info & displaying correctly on the alexa app. Wonderful! I've had timezone working for a while with the old method, but am ready pleased my echo is finally working now I have been waiting well over a year for 'proper' weather and local info. Alexa seems more polished now! I had trouble getting it to work with the curl method as detailed in the curl link.. In then end I followed the advice for the cygwin installation further down in the comments on the same page & it worked like a charm. Wish I'd done that right at the start! Thanks so much for the advice!

HI Maff

How did you do this all I am useless at programming and any hep setting up my devices would be so greatly appreciated happily pay you for your time if necessary.

Thanks in advance

RJ

mtagt56

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2016, 02:20:14 am »

HI Maff

How did you do this all I am useless at programming and any hep setting up my devices would be so greatly appreciated happily pay you for your time if necessary.

Thanks in advance

RJ

Rj

You don't need to pay I'm useless at programming and I managed it are you in UK I assume?

Lol for my post I've done it for few people more even weather works and local pizza

mtagt56

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2016, 02:20:53 am »
hello everybody I am a complete novice at this can somebody please help me set up my echo to make it work in the UK.

I will happily pay some one if needs be as I do not have the level of expertise to do this.

If anybody could help me I would be every so grateful and pay them for their time.

Thank you in advance

RJ
Send me msg I'll help you got free

mtagt56

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 04:49:43 am »
Great to help a fellow uk user of echo

mtagt56

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 05:21:02 am »
Hi, I tried both methods and no luck. After inputting the code in terminal I just get "Message: null" in reply, any tips?

Have you sorted it

dag1

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 02:30:07 am »
Is this method still working for people?  I'm not seeing any PUT requests from when I update my address.

mtagt56

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2016, 04:13:49 am »
Is this method still working for people?  I'm not seeing any PUT requests from when I update my address.

Yeah works with ease