Echo & Alexa Forums

Can’t add WEMO Devices to routines

Opusmax

Can’t add WEMO Devices to routines
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:14:37 pm »
I can control my WEMO plugs through Alexa and WEMO app but the WEMO devices don’t show up when I want to create or modify a routine. Alexa and WEMO plugs are up to date on software

Offline kenf

Re: Can’t add WEMO Devices to routines
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:51 pm »
Do your devices show up under Smart Home in the Alexa app?  Did you try the Discover button there.

If no, then Alexa can't use them because it doesn't know about them.

My ADT Pulse hub doesn't expose any of my z-wave switches to Alexa's Discover search, so I'm stuck in a similar way.

Same symptom and cause, yours might be correctable if Wemo devices can be discovered by Alexa.

BobInTulsa

Re: Can’t add WEMO Devices to routines
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 02:35:23 pm »
I am having a similar issue with TP-LINK HS200 switch. I set up the switch, Alexa discovered it and I can see it in the device list in SMART HOME, I can manually turn the switch ON/OFF with Alexa (or TP-LINK KASA) and also through voice commands. When I try to setup a ROUTINE to schedule ON/OFF I don't see the device, I only see my Tuya Smartplugs. In the DEVICE object it doesn't matter if I call it a LIGHT or SWITCH neither work. Interestingly I can add it to a GROUP maybe I need to investigate groups.

SOLVED: Even though the device showed up in the SMART HOME devices when creating a ROUTINE and the list of devices displayed you have to PULL DOWN on the list to REFRESH the list. Then the TP-LINK device appeared.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:55:09 pm by BobInTulsa »