Echo & Alexa Forums

Manually Play a Flash Briefing (news) Skill - How?

asmara

Manually Play a Flash Briefing (news) Skill - How?
« on: May 19, 2017, 05:30:39 pm »
I have my flash briefing set up the way I want it.

My wife and I are currently learning Chinese and there is a VOA Chinese skill that can be added to the flash briefings. I can't figure out any way to play it without adding it to my morning flash briefing queue. I don't want to have to skip around just to play this one stream.

I tried to play it manually "Alexa, play VOA Chinese" but it wants to play my flash briefing. I tried "Alexa, open VOA Chinese" and the echo tells me to add it to my flash briefing. Nothing I try seems to work.

Although not a news summary, VOA Chinese is also on Tune-in. I tried "Alexa, Play Voice of America Chinese from Tune-in" but the response is that she can't find the station. Here it is:http://tunein.com/radio/Voice-of-America-Chinese-s9785/.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Alpha Bitch

Re: Manually Play a Flash Briefing (news) Skill - How?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:16:05 pm »
I have my flash briefing set up the way I want it.

My wife and I are currently learning Chinese and there is a VOA Chinese skill that can be added to the flash briefings. I can't figure out any way to play it without adding it to my morning flash briefing queue. I don't want to have to skip around just to play this one stream.

I tried to play it manually "Alexa, play VOA Chinese" but it wants to play my flash briefing. I tried "Alexa, open VOA Chinese" and the echo tells me to add it to my flash briefing. Nothing I try seems to work.
What you can do is to add VOA Chinese to the TOP of your FB.  When done, tell Alexa to stop if you do not want to hear the rest of your FB.
Alexa app>Settings>Flash Briefing>Edit Order
Move VOA Chinese to the top of your FB.
Click
Done

Although not a news summary, VOA Chinese is also on Tune-in. I tried "Alexa, Play Voice of America Chinese from Tune-in" but the response is that she can't find the station. Here it is:http://tunein.com/radio/Voice-of-America-Chinese-s9785/.

Anybody have any suggestions?
I was not able to run VOA Chinese on my DOT through Tunein either.  No matter how I ran it.  I even subsituted the word China but it didn't work.  When I just used the words "voice of America" I got Africa.