Echo & Alexa Forums

Setting reminder

Andy

Setting reminder
« on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:20 am »
Hi all- can you set a reminder on your phone for alexa?- eg at work to remind you to do something when you get home?-thanks

zaphod

Re: Setting reminder
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:30:19 pm »
hi,

i have an android phone with the alexa app installed. your reminder will only go off two ways. one it will go off on whichever echo device you spoke your reminder to. next, i have an android phone with the alexa app installed on it. when the reminder goes off regardless where i am, my phone gets the notification for that reminder.

as for setting a reminder on your phone to basically do the reverse? a person could take with a fire tablet, that'd work. i have not done that. i just sync the android google calendar and alexa apps. i suppose you could set your echo device down next to a landline answering machine. call yourself with the speaker set LOUD. then phone home, use your voice over the machine to trigger alexa IF we lived in 'macgyver world.' ::) 

joking aside, hope you get it all worked out.

StevenR

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:49:53 am »
You can add reminders from the app, at least I can from my Android phone. Just go to "Reminders & Alarms", make sure you have the right device selected, and tap "Add Reminder".

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 05:50:16 am »
Yes, as long as your phone has an internet connection when you set the reminder (cellular or wi-fi) then you can be anywhere and it will work when you get home.

Andy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:48:45 am »
Hey - thanks for all the replies. :)