Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Tunein Station not available

funkyirishman

Alexa Tunein Station not available
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:58:05 am »
I listen to radio station CDNX on Alexa and no issues with it. However its changed its name to NME and now its coming up with the message that that its not supported and not available in your country. However I can listen to the station on the stand alone Android TuneIn App?

Any other radio app that I can use on Alexa as radion stations in Ireland Awful :-[ :-[

strayfish

Re: Alexa Tunein Station not available
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:37:52 am »
Do you ask Alexa to play it on Tunein? I'm in the UK so this may not apply to you but there's been a reconfiguring lately and Tunein isn't the default player for radio, the BBC is. Some others, like Radio Paradise (nowhere near as naff as it sounds!) have their own default so I don't have to specify a player for that, it just plays if I ask for it. Could be these reconfigurations have scrubbed your automatic access to NME and you need to find another way round.

I just tried it and got Euro Folk so I tried CDNX and got a German station called Radio Ton. Any help?

funkyirishman

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 06:13:40 am »
Tried to ask for NME but no joy. Have it saved in my favourites in TuneIn Skill on Music and Books was working early in the week but now  Nada. Click on it and it wont play and ask Alexa and same thing. Even when I search for NME I cannot find it. Only other skill I see is MyTuner Radio as I am pointed to .com. So not sure if I change it to .co.uk I get more. Did that previously and nightmare to set stuff up and lost some skills (Harmony as not available in Ireland and location set here)

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:30:29 am »
Hm, well there's all sorts going on at Amazon Central at the moment. Facilities they told me had been removed are back today so goodness only knows what else is dodging around! There's another skill called Radioplayer that might be worth a try although having just given it a go, it looks as though that can only do catchups and podcasts now. It did start playing a BBC station though when I didn't give it any more instructions. Maybe the station you're looking for will have an idea what's going on if you can ask via a contact page. Frankly, I'm feeling a bit bamboozled!