Echo & Alexa Forums

Missing function in Canadian Echo Dot setup

don.craig

Missing function in Canadian Echo Dot setup
« on: December 26, 2017, 03:00:54 pm »
Just learned that not all US functions are not installed for Canadians. The "your Voice" function needed to create profiles and learning exercises is missing from the menu.

Asked help desk and they said "not yet enabled" with no expectation of when.

There was a long post that I read that said to register your Amazon account to Amazon.com and set up entirely in US and then the function would work. After setting up and using you could go back and revert to a Canadian set up, but I thought that was fraught with potential problem so didn't try it.

Will have to wait while pestering the help desk for updates,

Re: Missing function in Canadian Echo Dot setup
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:44:09 pm »
Basically that is what Amazon tech support will do for you. ;)

Alexa in Canada

Re: Missing function in Canadian Echo Dot setup
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:03:59 am »
Just learned that not all US functions are not installed for Canadians. The "your Voice" function needed to create profiles and learning exercises is missing from the menu.

Asked help desk and they said "not yet enabled" with no expectation of when.

There was a long post that I read that said to register your Amazon account to Amazon.com and set up entirely in US and then the function would work. After setting up and using you could go back and revert to a Canadian set up, but I thought that was fraught with potential problem so didn't try it.

Will have to wait while pestering the help desk for updates,

Join us in the new Maple Leaf Topic section where other Canadians are struggling in the same way, you might need to set up as a US device, like others have. There are instructions in the forum.

Let us know what you end up doing.