Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Battery Boot for Amazon Echo

mikekuba

Echo Battery Boot for Amazon Echo
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:06:30 am »
Hi,

For all of you that have an Amazon Echo or haven't bought one because it lacks mobility (has to be plugged at all times) . I'm pretty sure you are going to like this http://www.echobattery.com first 1000 to subscribe will received a special discount ... there are only a few slots left

http://www.echobattery.com

fstbusa

Re: Echo Battery Boot for Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:44:23 am »
I signed up... very interested in this

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 05:26:30 pm »
How much is this battery?  I don't use Facebook although I did get to the info there.  Anyway, if there are other details, please share.

mikekuba

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:12 pm »
The price is not set yet but first 1000 to subscribe will get a big saving when stores opens

fstbusa

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:42:34 pm »
looks like it might be around $100... maybe $140 for non-subscribers... grabbed a screenshot from a video they posted.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 08:12:19 pm »
Cool idea for those who wanted portability. I think the $100+ price tag will be a big put off for people to consider whether they really need the portability.

I don't know if the people who make the Battery Boot are here, but I welcome them to ask the EchoTalk membership about what they might expect to pay for such a device.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:16:44 pm by jwlv »

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 10:39:49 pm »
Wow, I figured it would cost no more than 1/3 the $179 for an Echo; $60, or $40 for their discount offer.  My wife guessed $40 before a discount.  Hey folks, it's just a f$&^#@g battery!  Get real.  I wish them well though, (and be sure to wait for the close out price).

And, if there is real demand, wait for the genuine Amazon battery likely due within six months.  Meanwhile, get a long extension cord for the backyard, (assuming your wireless internet signal extends that far).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:43:39 pm by mike27oct »

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »
Cool idea for those who wanted portability. I think the $100+ price tag will be a big put off for people to consider whether they really need the portability.

I don't know if the people who make the Battery Boot are here, but I welcome them to ask the EchoTalk membership about what they might expect to pay for such a device.

This could be very convenient for those who go to the beach (Miami Beach has free Wifi) and other outdoor activities. You can make most phones a hotspot, so that's not a problem.  Good for party situations.  I wouldn't pay $100 for a battery.  I'll wait until Amazon comes out with their version, if they're not working on it already.

mikekuba

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:30 am »
Backward compatibility with all Echo sold so far http://www.echobattery.com  Price will be announced by the end of this week (you will be surprised!)  also,  will be taking pre-orders.

fstbusa

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 10:06:30 am »

This could be very convenient for those who go to the beach (Miami Beach has free Wifi) and other outdoor activities. You can make most phones a hotspot, so that's not a problem.  Good for party situations.  I wouldn't pay $100 for a battery.  I'll wait until Amazon comes out with their version, if they're not working on it already.

Looks like they are coming out with a smaller version that is battery powered but isn't voice activated.
http://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-to-unveil-a-portable-slimmed-down-version-of-the-echo/

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:05 am »
there may be a smaller, portable echo device in the works so the battery boot may not be needed.   If what is being reported is true, it would be easier to carry a smaller portable echo than the large echo in addition to a boot. 

http://www.zdnet.com/article/alexa-to-gain-a-small-family-a-portable-less-expensive-amazon-echo/

mike27oct

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 02:51:25 pm »
Fun, something else to carry in our pockets.  I can't wait to tell my phone's Siri.

BTW, it turns out that Siri knows the answer to a question way more often than Alexa.  So much so, that I have quit asking Alexa most times and just pull the phone from my pocket and ask.  Occasionally, I have told Alexa she is dumb as a board.  It replies, Sorry, thanks for telling me.   :D

mikekuba

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 07:33:02 pm »
 website looks like is taking pre-orders with free shipping right now  for a limited time  at 49

fstbusa

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 08:50:04 am »

mike27oct

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »
I am waiting for the beer can size, battery-powered, "Echo Jr." to be officially announced/released.  It might be a better option; especially if having another Echo in home is wanted more than a Battery Boot for Big Echo.  We currently find that our centrally located Echo downstairs is addressable from downstairs or upstairs; even without using the Echo remote.