Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dot sounds fuzzy and terrible through my home theater system

Jerryappleseed

I have my echo dot connected to my surround sound system with an aux to a/v cable. It sounds like it is all fuzzy and distorted whenever I ask her to play music or whenever she says anything. I can't figure out why.

Re: Echo dot sounds fuzzy and terrible through my home theater system
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:04:53 pm »
is this something that just started or has it been this way since setup?  maybe try another cable.  also try turning the volume down on the alexa.

mike27oct

Re: Echo dot sounds fuzzy and terrible through my home theater system
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 11:30:56 pm »
Yes, and the type of cable needed is similar to a three-contacts mini headphone jack for the DOt's end and a left and right pair of RCA plugs on the stereo's end that are plugged into L and R AUX of stereo, or other high level input signal (meaning NOT into the phono input).  In addition, the single mini stereo jack for the Dot must be pushed in very firmly, because most Dot's plug is very tight and difficult to go in the first time.

Set volume of stereo to a normal volume level. Tell Dot to set volume to level 2 to start things off and increase it a level at a time until volume of stereo sounds like normal volume level of other inputs.  Fool around to get best volume from Dot, and then leave Dot set there and going forward adjust volume using the stereo volume control.