Echo & Alexa Forums

Tunein radio

Ashleyroy

Tunein radio
« on: February 20, 2018, 04:24:52 pm »
I’m new to echo and was wonder how to use tunein radio with my echo. I ask it to play 90’s hits and she doesn’t find anything

dragon123

Re: Tunein radio
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:34:41 pm »
I’m new to echo and was wonder how to use tunein radio with my echo. I ask it to play 90’s hits and she doesn’t find anything

Like the name says, tunein radio is RADIO. Ie, it plays radio stations, so you can't ask for specific genres like that. Well, unless there is a radio station named '90's hits'? Take a look at the tunein website (link is in your settings) to find radio stations to your liking.

Spotify premium or amazon prime sounds more like what you want but those are not free.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:27 pm »
iHeart Radio will do what you want even though it's a radio.
Tunin Radio will not.

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 05:48:03 am »
Just checking the Tunein website and the radio stations seem to have gone. I was looking in response to another post about being unable to access a station via Tunein apparently after its name changed but couldn't get it. I did get a couple of other stations but it looks as though the BBC stations and maybe some others aren't coming via Tunein any more. This seems related to the loss of Now Playing functionality whereby nothing shows up and volume etc can't be accessed. Suggests some reconfiguring of provision and contracts in Amazon Land.