Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo & Home Automation.

Diskreet

Echo & Home Automation.
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:54:49 pm »
Good day every one!

Got my first echo here in the UK and am enjoying playing round with it.

I have been looking about these forums and have seen many people have managed to get Alexa doing a lot more than what Amazon have initially let us.

I was hoping someone might point me to the easiest solution to what I want rather than me trying out different methods.

I have a control system in my house which controls all my lights, sockets, music radio to et al.

My processor can receive TCP strings and then act on whatever I have sent it.

So in my ideal world I want to say "Alexa Lounge Sam's favourite music" for example and then all I need to send is a simple string to my processor to trigger the relevant events to do the command.

I have a windows home server and a raspberry pi to run any programs/scripts necessary. I have Philips hue also as I saw someone has created a fake hub to act as a proxy of sorts.

Anyone kind enough to point me to the simplest solution that someone has already found ?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Sam.

monty617

Re: Echo & Home Automation.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:22:27 am »
There are quite a few options available to you. Probably the easiest for you if you already have the echo-ha-bridge running is just to create some virtual switches and use REST API to trigger your actions on the PI.

Probably need a bit more info on your actual setup to give you any details or specific recommendations.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:28:01 am by monty617 »