Echo & Alexa Forums

NAS music streaming

adebyrne

NAS music streaming
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:42:27 am »
Been posts on here before indicating you cannot stream your own music eg from a NAS. There is a new skill however, called House Band, that will connect to a jriver media server.
It's frustrating as UK Echo doesn't seem to recognize this skill yet. Anyone know how this can be achieved? I have mailed Amazon about it.
I am also wondering if Echo could connect to Twonky Media, or even iTunes, as I already have those services set up on the NAS (Its a QNAP device by the way).

Also, and off topic, I see there is some reference to Raspberry Pi. I use one of thos as a media centre too. How can that connect to Echo and what could that do for me?

Thanks

Adrian  8)

mike27oct

Re: NAS music streaming
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:42:29 pm »
The way I easily stream music from my NAS to Alexa devices is to stream to a mobile device (phone or tablet) and send the music to Alexa via bluetooth.  But, I do not do it often since I can stream music from my NAS to other, better sounding devices.  It is most useful for me if I can stream it to Amazon Tap, a portable Alexa for when I am near, but not inside the house.