Echo & Alexa Forums

Routine with Embedded Commands?

plocht

Routine with Embedded Commands?
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:09:18 pm »
This sounds like it should be simple, but not so far.  I use my Echo as an alarm in the morning.    What I would like to be able to do once that alarm goes off is say "Alexa Good Morning" have have this stop the alarm and trigger a flash briefing.   Any suggestions?

asianrocker

Re: Routine with Embedded Commands?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 10:19:49 pm »
Actually you don't need additional command to stop the alarm. I think once you trigger your good morning routine it will stop the alarm. Why don't you try it?

The real problem is Alexa really hearing you with alarm still beeping. In my case I really need to scream several times for it to hear me. Ugh.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:08:36 am by asianrocker »

plocht

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:09:09 am »
Nope.  Alarm pauses just long enough to give me the weather and turn on the lights.   The alarm then continue until I give a second commend, Alexa Stop.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:31:50 pm »
Again the need for Compound commands... Such as "Alexa, Stop Alarm and Start my day".
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 02:48:35 pm »
Actually you don't need additional command to stop the alarm. I think once you trigger your good morning routine it will stop the alarm. Why don't you try it?

The real problem is Alexa really hearing you with alarm still beeping. In my case I really need to scream several times for it to hear me. Ugh.

that is why I have all my echos connected to speakers across the room.  it makes it easier for alexa to hear. 

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »
that is why I have all my echos connected to speakers across the room.  it makes it easier for alexa to hear.

I don't need a whole lot of echos for that. I just use a free app as my remote control. But I uninstall and install that app so many times, LOL. I don't know why. It does what it's supposed to do but since I don't use it as much I just delete it.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:41:50 pm by asianrocker »

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:44:44 pm »

I don't need a whole lot of echos for that. I just use a free app as my remote control. But I uninstall and install that app so many times, LOL. I don't know why. It does what it's supposed to do but since I don't use it as much I just delete it.

what does having a whole lot of dots have to do with it?   all you need is one dot and one bt speaker.

asianrocker

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:51:38 pm »
That was my reply to your solution of not screaming and you said that is why you have lots of echos correct? And so that is my reply kinda confused on your last reply. LOL. it contradicted the post I replied to.