Echo & Alexa Forums

Recurring Reminders?

cyfyguy

Recurring Reminders?
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:21:58 pm »
Yay reminders!  Boo lack of //recurring// reminders.  If I could remember to set a reminder every week, I could remember to take out the trash every week...so I wouldn't need a reminder  I'm new so, did I miss something, or is this feature truly absent?

Thanks,

-Cy

MacNee

Re: Recurring Reminders?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:19:29 pm »
Just noticed the reminder function today and like you thought odd you cannot set a daily reminder etc  ::)

Is there a place for suggestions to improve alexa ??

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:59:24 pm »
I am sure there is a skill for that. Only thing I can think of is alexa having access to your calendar. Then that will take care of it. Right?

BernhardLenz

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:39 am »
I'm also surprised that not more people are complaining about the lack of recurring reminders. It would be a great feature!!! Did anybody find a workaround?

ericnrosesmom

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:23:18 pm »
The developers of the skill "life bot" told me about a month ago they would be adding that feature. Not sure if they have done it yet. Would be awesome.

emenhiser

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 08:57:48 am »
I totally agree they have to have recurring reminders its crazy its not already a feature.

DisAlexa

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 03:29:53 pm »
I've been writing to the Amazon software group for months but they just reply with a canned response and still don't add Recurring Reminders. My workaround is to add seven identical Reminders each Sunday morning that take care of the following week. Tedious, but necessary so that I don't forget to take my medication. Hope they patch this hole soon...

jimsparky

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:13:11 am »
Just read that the Lifebot skill allows recurring reminders.
Not sure if it's exactly what you are after though.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:22:51 am by jimsparky »

MsKaren2009

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 04:21:12 pm »
Would love recurring reminders, as well, for taking medication. Surely they can do it.

jpw

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 06:07:06 am »
hello, life bot skill does recurring reminders

zaphod

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 07:02:13 pm »
my work around for now is to just go out a year. January through December and hope by 2019 we'll have the proper option. my work around, it is kind of pain but it's better than nothing. at least i have learned that i can just say the one word, 'reminder' and no need to say set or create new reminder or anything else to get started. makes the process a little less tedious.

asianrocker

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 05:19:02 pm »
The new routine feature have the recurring reminder as far as I know. Surprised none of you here know about it.

orange

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 05:05:25 am »
The new routine feature have the recurring reminder as far as I know. Surprised none of you here know about it.

good spot :)

only on the app - not on the webgui but very useful

StevenR

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 07:42:15 am »

How do you do this? There is nothing in Routines regarding reminders as far as I can see, only weather, news, traffic, and smart home.

GregK

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »
THEY'RE HERE!!

I went in to check reminders and at the top is a Repeat toggle!