Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa will soon have a mind of her own

k9kids

Alexa will soon have a mind of her own
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:25:35 pm »
Well, sort of. At least some memory.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/26/amazon-alexa-memory-and-skill-arbitration/

You'd be forgiven for thinking that Amazon's Alexa was an amnesiac: it can't remember important long-term info, or even that you started talking to it a few moments ago. Soon, though, it'll be considerably less forgetful. Amazon's Ruhi Sarikaya has detailed a string of upgrades to Alexa that promise more natural conversations, particularly about familiar subjects. Most notably, Alexa devices in the US will soon have a memory: you can tell the voice assistant to remember an important fact (say, a friend's birthday) and bring that up later.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:27:27 pm by k9kids »

malliekm

Re: Alexa will soon have a mind of her own
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 02:30:40 am »
Is this like telling it to remember where your passport is and then when you can't find it, say, "Alexa, where did I tell you my passport is?".

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 03:26:20 am »
Is this like telling it to remember where your passport is and then when you can't find it, say, "Alexa, where did I tell you my passport is?".

There's a skill called Debby Onsite that can do that.

froglips

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 03:06:03 pm »

Who thinks up these names?  the name should have some reference as to what the app does!  I would think from the name it was some hooker site!

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:39:23 pm »

Who thinks up these names?  the name should have some reference as to what the app does!  I would think from the name it was some hooker site!

Well good luck getting that reminder!