Echo & Alexa Forums

Playlist hell

Wessicreyo

Playlist hell
« on: April 09, 2018, 02:15:22 pm »
Ok, what am I doing wrong?? I have an Echo and use Amazon music from my Prime membership. If I say, “Alexa, add song to a new playlist”, it asks me what I want to call it and I say, e.g. “Simon”. It says “added song to playlist ‘Simon’”. Happy days, right? Wrong. A few tracks later I say, “Alexa, add song to Simon playlist” and it says...”Sorry, I cannot find a playlist called ‘Simon’”!!

To make it even more infuriating, the playlist is listed in the Amazon My Music screen in the Alexa app!

What’s the deal here? Am I expecting too much by expecting it to, you know, do what it’s supposed to, or is it just buggy??

Johnson93

Re: Playlist hell
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 02:03:27 pm »
Ok, what am I doing wrong?? I have an Echo and use Amazon music from my Prime membership. If I say, “Alexa, add song to a new playlist”, it asks me what I want to call it and I say, e.g. “Simon”. It says “added song to playlist ‘Simon’”. Happy days, right? Wrong. A few tracks later I say, “Alexa, add song to Simon playlist” and it says...”Sorry, I cannot find a playlist called ‘Simon’”!!

To make it even more infuriating, the playlist is listed in the Amazon My Music screen in the Alexa app!

What’s the deal here? Am I expecting too much by expecting it to, you know, do what it’s supposed to, or is it just buggy??

Following the query for solution

Wessicreyo

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:36:28 am »
“Following query to solution”.

Is that an instruction, or a statement?

Wessicreyo

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:56:45 pm »
Ok so from the lack of replies and any suggestions, I have to assume that it’s just a bit pants. If it doesn’t integrate very well with it’s own music streaming service, I don’t hold out much hope for 3rd party ones!

PKSlough

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:15:25 am »
I've had similar issues with my Echo Spot & Amazon Music Unlimited.

The other day I asked Alexa to play a song that I knew was on AMU, and no matter how many times I said the title and artist, or how I phrased it, Alexa just could not find the song.

In the end I had to manually add the song to a playlist, and ask Alexa to play the playlist instead.  ::)