Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Skills List

bjaxlrose006

Alexa Skills List
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:40:11 am »
Hello everyone! I recently purchased my new Echo and bumped into the problem of being overwhelmed by the sheer number of Alexa skills at my disposal for various activities such as music playback, etc.

I literally searched the entire web (and, the Alexa app) for a good few hours and stumbled across a post that listed out some 90 Alexa skills for getting started with Amazon Echo/Echo Dot. I think it had a good collection of skills that a newbie like me would need without having to search endlessly on the Internet.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:18:44 am by bjaxlrose006 »

Offline kenf

Re: Alexa Skills List
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 04:26:53 pm »
interesting list.  I only have the Nest skill installed from that list.

Saw 2 more for products/services I have.  That's probably the first thing to fetch is skills for anything you have/use.  Spotify, Nest, Fitbit, etc.

I have very few skills installed (wish Alexa made it easier to see that list).  Most of them are as I suggested, services I use.  I do not and will not have my $ hooked up to Alexa.  So no banking app or amazon shopping enabled.

I'm a very boring user, I reckon.

I have a fair amount of automation, lights, door locks and Echoes in every room.  Alexa gets used for handsfree activation of stuff more than anything.

bjaxlrose006

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 11:50:24 pm »
Agreed, manually sifting through thousands of Alexa skills on the Alexa app is nothing short of a herculean task.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:50:10 am »
Eh last time I sifted through their skills list. they are all useless novelties.

Why go to internet to search for echo skills when you can search directly in the app? That's where I always search.

Easier coz you can enable it right away but I also disable them right away coz well they're pointless. LOL.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:07:31 am by asianrocker »