Echo & Alexa Forums

Voice Training Not in App

FranWhite

Voice Training Not in App
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:55:44 am »
New to Echo/Alexa..... went to do the voice training and it's not in my Amazon Alexa app? 

smeg

Re: Voice Training Not in App
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:59:16 am »
Should be in "Settngs".

Dasym

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:42:24 am »
Doesn't seem to be available in the UK - like a lot of things promised for the Echo!

FranWhite

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 12:25:53 pm »
The weird thing is, it wasn't yesterday, sent Amazon feedback and it's here this morning. Hmmmmm.  Thanks all

mindmagic

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 01:04:43 pm »
The weird thing is, it wasn't yesterday, sent Amazon feedback and it's here this morning. Hmmmmm.  Thanks all

I can't see it in my app. Last update is apparently 24 September. Whereabouts have you found it?

FranWhite

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »
The next day it was in the settings. Beats me.

MJ_2016

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 05:52:37 pm »
Interesting that Voice Training appeared in the app after you notified Amazon of its absence. I told them, too, and was told that the VT function has been removed in both the UK and US while it undergoes an upgrade. Has anyone else been told this? Is the Voice Training still missing for other users?

strayfish

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 04:13:35 am »
Interesting that Voice Training appeared in the app after you notified Amazon of its absence. I told them, too, and was told that the VT function has been removed in both the UK and US while it undergoes an upgrade. Has anyone else been told this? Is the Voice Training still missing for other users?

I got this when I asked last night:
"I'm sorry to hear about this.  Currently the voice training feature is not available in the UK. I'll share your feedback with our Alexa development team. I know they'll want to hear about your experience."
Looks like a standard issue response.

MJ_2016

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 07:49:22 am »
Most responses are copy and paste. But my response about it being taken down in both territories for an upgrade definitely wasn't. The customer service person even named themselves. I'd like to know if it really is now missing from the US app as well as the UK one.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 08:17:31 am »
Most responses are copy and paste. But my response about it being taken down in both territories for an upgrade definitely wasn't. The customer service person even named themselves. I'd like to know if it really is now missing from the US app as well as the UK one.

Here's a screenshot from today, October 7, 2016 at 5:12 am. Once you get in to the Settings screen, you do need to scroll down to see the Voice Training section.

MJ_2016

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 08:25:17 am »
Thanks for sharing. UK app? That still wasn't in my settings menu last night. Seems like I've been told porkies. I'll have to check one more time later, and contact customer services again if need be.

strayfish

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 08:44:40 am »

Here's a screenshot from today, October 7, 2016 at 5:12 am. Once you get in to the Settings screen, you do need to scroll down to see the Voice Training section.

Nope, not on mine  :(

MJ_2016

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 04:54:54 pm »
Decided to inquire about Voice Training again and got this:

"This is Fiorella from Echo UK team, I'm really sorry to hear you're a little confused about Voice training in your Alexa device. Currently, this feature is not supported on Amazon Echo for UK. This is our official information, in other blogs you may see screenshots from the Amazon.com app or from old versions of the feature. Be sure we're working and recollecting all the feedback from our customers to be able to work on the features that are missing. We will let you know promptly as soon as a feature like this is available. We appreciate your patience in this matter."

Two responses now, one telling me that the feature was pulled from both the UK and US apps owing to an upgrade to the service; now telling me that it wasn't supported in the UK from the get go.

DParker

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 04:57:10 pm »
Two responses now, one telling me that the feature was pulled from both the UK and US apps owing to an upgrade to the service; now telling me that it wasn't supported in the UK from the get go.

Well...no wonder you're a little confused.   ;D

wsdowns3

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 08:11:11 am »
The voice training element seems to still be absent from my UK version of the app, even though the official guidance on Amazon support says to try and use it.   Are others having the same experience?   Just checking this is consistent and I am not doing something wrong....