Echo & Alexa Forums

What would you like Echo to do?

ScottinPollock

Re: What would you like Echo to do?
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2016, 01:51:42 pm »
I would like to see awareness of multiple Echoes on the LAN. Then things like "Alexa, redirect to kitchen, set a timer for 10 minutes", or "Alexa, redirect to Scott's Room, simon says get washed and come downstairs dinner will be ready in a few minutes". Same for playing music and the like.

Seems like a great way to sell echoes!

mike27oct

« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:00 pm »
>>>    I notice all the voice apps do not actually tell you why you set the alarm

You can ask Siri on an iPhone to remind you to do something, and when reminder goes off, the screen displays the reason for the alarm.  Fortunately, a phone is in my pocket whereas all the Echo devices are sitting alone in their assigned places at home.  So, if Apple can do this, so can Amazon, but so far they have chosen not to.

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2016, 02:39:31 pm »
I would like to see awareness of multiple Echoes on the LAN. Then things like "Alexa, redirect to kitchen, set a timer for 10 minutes", or "Alexa, redirect to Scott's Room, simon says get washed and come downstairs dinner will be ready in a few minutes". Same for playing music and the like.

Seems like a great way to sell echoes!

This is great!

dan8379

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2016, 03:22:04 pm »
I didn't see this mentioned previously, but I would love Sirius/XM integration.  It would be great to say "Alexa, play Lithium on Sirius/XM".  I know I can use the XM app and bluetooth, but true voice control would be great.

DParker

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2016, 03:43:39 pm »

Sort of a DirectTV Genie for Echo.  I like it.

ScottinPollock

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2016, 06:47:13 pm »
Is there anyone passing them on to Amazon?

I hope so. The more requests they get for the same feature, the closer they will look at it (of course it has to be doable by the hardware, and useful to the majority to be considered).

Scooter

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2016, 09:45:33 am »
The #1 feature I want added to the Amazon Echo/Alexa is the ability to schedule a command she can already do.

For example--

"Alexa, at 11:00 pm, turn off my living room lights."

"Alexa, on weekdays at 6:00 am, play my cool jazz station."

"Alexa, on March 24th at 7:30 am, Simon says 'Remember that today is your dad's birthday.'"

LOL ME TOO! I just asked this question in the General section. I guess it's not available yet :(

I'd love to play a certain channel every morning at a certain time.

jbb2198

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2016, 05:05:53 pm »
After a day of sneezing and watering eyes, how about a local pollen count? Either as a skill or add on to the weather reports.

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2016, 07:37:04 pm »
After a day of sneezing and watering eyes, how about a local pollen count? Either as a skill or add on to the weather reports.

YES!  I was miserable last night....

jbb2198

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2016, 08:39:36 pm »
Just checked and a air quality meter skill has been added.(today?)  Reports air quality of specific zip codes in 5 categories. Excellent,fair,moderate,low,poor. Reported "fair" although the pollen count was quite high. Hmm. maybe another skill not ready for prime time?

madcodger

« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2016, 11:06:30 pm »
Air quality is largely ozone and smog.  Pollen is, well, pollen.  Two different things.  And I definitely wish a pollen app were available, with a 5 day forecast.  But probably requires a deal with pollen.com, as not that many other entities likely track pollen count across the entire U.S.

Chris1958

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2016, 03:12:10 am »
It would be good to "Alexa, leave a message for Gail".  Then I could leave a message for my wife when I go out. On arriving home my wife could ask, "Alexa, any messages?" And Alexa would repeat the message I left earlier.

mike27oct

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2016, 04:02:34 am »
See the posts here about "Roger" app; you can do something like this, AND have basic Alexa access.  Roger lets you leave a voice message, person listens and responds they got it, etc.

Search keyword: Roger
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:08:28 am by mike27oct »

segerguy

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2016, 11:27:47 pm »
I would like to see Alexa say the reason for setting a timer.  Alexa...set a timer for 30 min to check on the roast in the oven"  I hear the alert go off but then I think,,,,why did I set a timer?  20 min later...OH THE ROAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooter

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »
Lol that was funny. At night I just say Alexa quit playing in 30 minutes and it says okay. Note that I refuse to call it a she.