Echo (Alexa) User Forums

Broadlink RM2

Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2017, 12:44:52 pm »
The IHC app is not that bad, but what do I need to 'say' to Alexia for the up/down arrows, play,ok exit , etc. ? I assumed the button 'label' I see in the app, but not in all cases. For example the  mute button label is 'silent', but saying mute works.

Using the Alexia 'group' feature to power on the TV and cable box is a great 'scene' work around.

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »
The IHC app is not that bad, but what do I need to 'say' to Alexia for the up/down arrows, play,ok exit , etc. ? I assumed the button 'label' I see in the app, but not in all cases. For example the  mute button label is 'silent', but saying mute works.

Using the Alexia 'group' feature to power on the TV and cable box is a great 'scene' work around.

It sounds like you have got the IHC app partly working with Alexa. Would you mind advising what country you are in, as I've not had any success here in the UK and I emailed Broadlinks support team who responded with this
There is no plan to work with the Alexa on TV control in USA, not support to work in the other areas, and there is no plan to work with it, thanks!
So it sounds like they won't be working on TV control via Alexa. Damn

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:16 pm »
thats not good news. it makes little sense as people will buy products that do support alexa instead without the need to use the likes of RM plugin.

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2017, 08:07:08 am »

[/quote]

USA.  It word be nice if the IHC developer would answer questions.  I would think that thousands of  rm pro devices would sell. The device and app are very flexible and work most times.

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2017, 08:17:18 am »
Since the developer works for Broadlink it may be best to direct questions to them, not the app developer.
Broadlink has two official apps IHC and eControl. I'm not sure if the same developer works on both but you could try that developers contact info as well. ;)

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2017, 04:04:33 pm »
The response I posted the other day was from Broadlink support. I asked them when we can expect the Broadlink Alexa Skill to be made available in the UK, as this is needed to make the IHC app work in Alexa.
Such a shame they have given a negative response as their RM Pro device potentially could control most of your devices for home automation. The future does include the Amazon devices and the like, so they would turn people off buying their device.
Think I may try one last time switching my Echo location to USA and see if I can get the Alexa skill and the IHC app to work.

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2017, 04:26:44 pm »
Think I may try one last time switching my Echo location to USA and see if I can get the Alexa skill and the IHC app to work.

i got it working ok but changed it back as i wanted the amazon music. if it supported RF and IR i might have kept it but ive got TC2 light switches