The un-official Amazon Echo User Forums

Broadlink RM2

Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2017, 05:13:46 pm »
So I have gotten the RM Bridge icon to stay green.  This took putting my Android device on a static IP.  Does the static IP for my Android bridge need to be the same for the Broadlink RM Pro or do I need to open the port on my router that the RM Bridge is reporting? 

This is all new to me so THANK YOU for your patience and understanding.

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 05:36:02 pm »
So I opened the port on my router that was shown on RM Bridge.  I opened the port to the static IP of my Android bridge.  Is this correct?  So now the RM Bridge app goes to a green circle but when I go to load devices....There is a very quick swirl on the top left and then nothing. 

What are the next steps????

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 08:29:18 pm »
So I opened the port on my router that was shown on RM Bridge.  I opened the port to the static IP of my Android bridge.  Is this correct?  So now the RM Bridge app goes to a green circle but when I go to load devices....There is a very quick swirl on the top left and then nothing. 

Not sure what you mean by "load devices".  What app are you seeing the swirl?

Also, not sure what instructions you are using, but since you have a SmartThings hub, you should be using this one: https://github.com/beckyricha/Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa/blob/master/RM%20Bridge%20LAN%20Readme.md
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:40:46 pm by inconnu_homme »

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2017, 01:04:35 pm »
Just follow the directions.  The only thing missing from them is setting up a "Location", which you would use instead of a hub.  I mentioned how to create a Location few posts above.  If you are not going to get a physical hub, then I would try RM Tasker first.  This will save you from having to deal with dynamic DNS.

I finally got a chance to setup all the devices last night and they all work beyond my expectation (better response and range than my remote).  Thank you very much for your help.
I'm hoping I can improve on this a bit more.  I have an IR remote to control the blinds in the bathroom.  Currently, I'm using Alexa to turn on blinds up and turn on blinds down.  Is there a way to configure the setup so that Alexa can understand up/down ie. Alexa, set blinds up?

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »

I wonder if you mean load devices on this page http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/code_learning.html
Once you entered you lan address on that page, load devices should detect your broadlink and display it on step two. Just need to scroll down and see if the little blue dropdown box has your broadlink device.  BTW, this is for RM1/2 devices. If you got a RM mini 3 (IR only) then you need to do the workaround in RM bridge app's description http://goo.gl/NLKxnW. Hope this will get you to the next step in instruction!