Echo & Alexa Forums

Broadlink RM2

Offline jwlv

Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2017, 08:51:48 am »
I did the firmware update as soon as I got it set up. I believe it was version 2.40.
The app I used is called ihc.

It's already on its way back to Amazon.

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2017, 09:55:30 am »
I used econtrol originally  to setup RF. To bad you already sent it back the issue may have been the app not the broadlink.

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2017, 06:11:53 pm »
Going to give this a try to get broadlink skill in UK..

https://youtu.be/dO5rExW-7I8
Nice find!
I can confirm this works for calling and messaging.(I didn't have that prior) 

pipedos

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2017, 04:17:33 pm »
No RF learning capability on IHC for Television devices I have contacted broadlink to see if they can enable that function in the IHC app, wait for the response to let you know.

bensnapper

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 05:53:47 am »
Has anyone managed to get the IHC scenes working with Alexa?

pipedos

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »
Bradlink support answer about RF update in IHC for alexa, hope they do it soon:

support@ibroadlink.com

to me:
Dear Customer,
Thanks for your last email, yes we will add the RF device in the future, thanks!
Best Regards,

International Customer Service Center
Hangzhou Gubei Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

MacNee

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2017, 12:29:42 pm »
Cool. Maybe they are waiting to it's added before we get it in the UK.

Chelseaboy70

« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2017, 11:38:41 am »
I was able to enable the Alexa Broadlink skill by switching to the US in amazon and it worked, but it forgot all of my SmartThings/Nest/Hue devices.  Now that I'm back to UK in Amazon and have rediscovered all my devices Broadlink skill does not appear as an enabled skill. I am able to turn on the tv on and off through Alexa, but that is about it.  The other thing is IHC only appears to recognise television as a working device.  I cannot add set top box, to attempt configuraron with SKY box or DVD, etc.  I suspect we may need to wait a bit longer until Broadlink get their act together and make things work and configure correctly.  Has anyone had any luck getting anything other than a tv to work through Alexa, UK, USA or anywhere else?  Very Frustrating!   >:(

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2017, 11:47:28 am »
I managed to control my DVD, and Sat receiver.
The trick is to add them as a TV and manually learn.
This is a bit of a pain but it works! ;)

gsuemnic

« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2017, 08:34:39 am »
RM pro mini newbie here.

1) With IHC app. it appears there is not a way to turn on  both the TV & Cable Box with one command, like Alexia turn TV on ? 

2) Can I use a combination of IHC and the  RM tasker app ?
Does this RM tasker app contain logic to prevent it from sleeping ? If not, any recommendations. It is running on a Galaxy tab, android 6.

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2017, 09:47:13 am »
RM pro mini newbie here.

1) With IHC app. it appears there is not a way to turn on  both the TV & Cable Box with one command, like Alexia turn TV on ? 
Yes you can, here's how I do it.
1:Create both devices in IHC
2:In your Alexa app create a group and add the TV and Cable box
3: for the group name give it something which Alexa can't confuse with something else.
 if you used TV as the TV device name in IHC you can't use TV for the group name.
I use "NEWS" since that is what I basically use it for. ;)
2) Can I use a combination of IHC and the  RM tasker app ?
Does this RM tasker app contain logic to prevent it from sleeping ? If not, any recommendations. It is running on a Galaxy tab, android 6.
Yes you can, though I only used it (trial) briefly.
I believe the tasker app needs the Broadlink e-control app to work
If I remember you needed to set tasker up as a server.
As for sleeping I believe that is an Android system setting I never had issue with it seeping on my Galaxy S

I currently use the RM Bridge running on my GalaxyS and have no issues when the phone screen shuts off.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:54:03 am by tuicemen »

gsuemnic

Broadlink RM2 Bean
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2017, 02:25:50 pm »
I saw a comment posted on a Youtube video that the IHC App for Broadlink, will NOT work with the  black bean RM mini black bean hub ?  Anyone know if that is still the case ?

Video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJajWNpgMA

Offline jwlv

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2017, 05:33:10 pm »
That is true. IHC will only recognize the the RM Pro. If you have the RM Mini, you have to use the eControl app.

l m m

« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2017, 05:37:17 pm »
I'm in the UK and have tried switching to Amazon US to get the Broadlink Alexa Skill. I succeeded in getting in adding the skill and getting my device showing from the IHC app, but Alexa just kept saying there was a problem accessing it. I tried this a number of times without success, so eventually gave up and switched back to Amazon UK.
I already had the e-control app and RM Tasker working with basic on and off functions, so will have to stick with that until Broadlink both release the skill in the UK, and add more devices to IHC that work.
Come on Broadlink, you are selling these brilliant remote controllers in the UK, so how about giving us the apps and skills to really get the best from them?

gsuemnic

« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2017, 12:35:30 pm »
I need to change the password on my WiFi router, what is the best way to reset the password on the rm pro ?  I hate to 'delete' the decie in the broadlink app and loose all my scenes, learned remotes,etc.