Echo Voice Control of TV channels, etc. with Harmony and Yonomi

bob76

Re: Echo Voice Control of TV channels, etc. with Harmony and Yonomi
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 01:23:01 pm »
anybody knows please???

gsuemnic

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:53 am »
You don't need Yonomi anymore.  Just install the Harmony skill using the Alexa app.  You then get to choose what Harmony Routines you want to control with Alexa.  Just make sure before you do this, rename your Harmony routines to Alexa friendly names.  So if your Harmony routine is "Watch TV".  Change it to just TV.  Then when you add it to Alexa, you just have to say "Alexa, turn on TV."

The Harmony skill is too basic, just on & off.  In order to change channels, volume level, mute, etc.. I'm looking for a way to not have to prefix the Alexia command with 'tell harmony to ....' It seems that yonomi is the answer

vivivi

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 05:49:38 am »
I have played and tested with the UK Harmony skill, Harmony Hub and Yonomi. I can turn my TV off/on via Yonomi with no issues however, I am unable to change channels (even though the Harmony skill states you can when you enable the skill) - this is simply due to the limitations of the Harmony UK skill, until we get access to the U.S skill there isn't a way to change channels. I did experiment with creating an activity to change channels with the Harmony hub but again there is a limitation to this as the first step in creating the activity MUST include turning a device on or off - there is no way to remove this step which seems a bit silly.

ric80

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 04:17:09 pm »
Hi All,
I just got an Echo and an Harmony Hub.
I live in Belgium.
I try to setup Alexa to ask the Harmony Hub to ask my Tv decoder to switch channel to TF1 for example.
This channel is present in the Alexa "Smart Home" section as devices called : TF1 / Harmony TV Channel: TF1 HDTV
The problem is when I ask Alexa "Alexa, Turn on TF1", it replies that TF1 is not part of a group or an activity.
Any help is appreciated.

asianrocker

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 03:35:32 pm »
I live in the netherlands here the harmony skill won't work to bad and there is no way around this tried everything.
So please can you make some sort of tutorial???

- Install the Yonomi app through Google Play / Apple App Store. 
- Launch the app & create a Yonomi account.
- Tap on the Menu button and then tap on Accounts & Hubs.
- Tap on the + button to add Logitech Account.
- Enter your Logitech/Harmony account details to authorize Yonomi to use it.
- Once connected, follow the app directions to add the Harmony Routines you want to add/control.
- Go back to Accounts & Hubs and tap on the + button once again.
- This time select Amazon Alexa Account to authorize Yonomi to use it.
- Launch the Alexa App and install the Yonomi Skill.
- Discover Devices and the Yonomi/Harmony routines should show up in the Alexa app.

Tip before you have Alexa discover devices, make sure you change the name of the routines in the Yonomi app.  The name would something like "Watch TV".  Change it to just "TV" so that you just have to say "Alexa, turn on TV" instead of "Alexa, turn on Watch TV".

Will this work on my harmony 620? MY remote has no hub. I actually just called their support and was told it won't work with my remote coz it has no hub. I ask if there is a work around for it and was told no.

So I am asking here if this is the work around I need for a harmony remote with no hub?