Echo & Alexa Forums

FireTv/Stick Voice Remote useable for amazon Echo?

guidol

FireTv/Stick Voice Remote useable for amazon Echo?
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:22:41 am »
Sometimes there are cheap used FireStick or FireTV with Voice-Control-Remote which seems to be cheaper than a single Voice-Remote for the amazon Echo.

Did anybody "pair" a FireStick/FireTV Voice-Remote with a amazon Echo?

Which signal do the Echo use? Bluetooth or WiFi-Direct?
Here states Bluetooth: www.amazon.com/Voice-Remote-Amazon-Echo-Generation/dp/B01E9AHU8Q

Oh wait...now I see that amazon Gemany has the Voice-Remote FireTV Bluetooth for 24.99EUR:
www.amazon.de/Sprachfernbedienung-für-Amazon-Fire-Stick/dp/B00ZJEZKT8

Will a Wifi-Direct version of the remote work on a amazon Echo?:
http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-finally-selling-new-wifi-direct-fire-tv-voice-remote-separately/

DParker

Re: FireTv/Stick Voice Remote useable for amazon Echo?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:30:18 am »
The short answer is: No, you can't use any of the Fire TV/Stick remotes with the Echo (even though the Echo remote uses Bluetooth).  You CAN, however, use the Fire remote to interact with the Alexa service that the Echo uses:  http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201859020

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 01:12:48 pm »
I've attempted to pair the FireTV voice remote to the Echo.
It doesn't work. Echo cannot find the FireTV voice remote and will not pair with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Voice-Remote-Amazon-Echo-Generation/dp/B01E9AHU8Q
This is the new Voice Remote for Amazon Echo and Echo Dot. It says it's the "new generation." Anyone know what's new about it besides that they no longer include the magnetic mount/base?

DavePDX

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 12:06:16 pm »
While you can’t directly pair the FTV voice remote with an Echo device, you can use it to control one.  For example, I have a Dot that I use to play music named “Downstairs”.  These commands work (though I have to be within range of the FTV that I’m paired with).

“Play Bruno Mars Downstairs”
“Volume 4 Downstairs”
“Next song Downstairs”

If you omit the word “Downstairs”, then the action will occur on the FTV. Alas the track and pause buttons on the remote will only control the song when playing through the FTV, but it’s still nice to get some of the functionality without springing for an Alexa remote.

Ourdoc

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 08:32:41 pm »
With the new software, you can now control Alexa with your FireStick voice remote.

kayut

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »
Ourdoc, coudl you please explain how can I pair my Fire TV remote to Amazon Echo?

copiousquirks

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:48:11 am »
With the new software, you can now control Alexa with your FireStick voice remote.

Can you please let us know how this is possible? I have a FTV remote and dont want to buy a Echo remote.