Echo & Alexa Forums

[Tutorial] How to control your TV with Amazon Echo & AnyMote Home

anymote

Hi guys,

A lot of the people who own an Amazon Echo and are curious enough to make an account here, are also curious enough to look into what other gadgets work with the Echo.

I'd like to link here to a tutorial on how to control your tv with Amazon Echo and AnyMote Home:
https://www.anymote.io/tutorials/tutorial-how-to-control-your-tv-with-amazon-echo

Feel free to ask any questions about the setup and what can be done, and I'd be happy to answer them!

Thanks!

mike27oct

Re: [Tutorial] How to control your TV with Amazon Echo & AnyMote Home
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:36:23 pm »
Sounds interesting.  How about supplying some review links from any of the well-know usual suspects?

Thanks

Yoda_One

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:05:03 pm »
I know you are advertising your products but it's intriguing concept but I still cannot see any advantage over a standard remote. It would be useful for wheelchair bound or blind.

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:37:01 am »
Nice! But Logitech Hub can still control way more devices, pretty much everything with IR..

Cheers,
Alex

o2manyfish

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »
I would love some help with my Anymote and Alexa.

I have Alexa, Anymote, Yamaha RXA-2050, Directv Genie and LG70LB7100 TV.

I programmed MACROS to change the inputs/sources for the Yamaha on the Anymote App.

But when I ask Alexa to run the 'named' macro, she always says she doesn't find the MACRO in the "TV" remote.

And then after asking 5 times, then it works.

From the Anymote App - All the MACROS function 100% of the time.

However, when programming the MACROS the App always says the MACROS are not linked to a 'Remote' but it never gives me an option to link a MACRO to a specific remote.

I am not sure if there is something wrong, or I am just not understanding the logic required to get Alexa to properly run the MACROS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave B