Echo & Alexa Forums

Multi-room Music - Speakers only in one group?

laurin1

Multi-room Music - Speakers only in one group?
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:15:11 am »
I have one group created, Everywhere, with all Echo devices in it (we have 4). Can I not create additional groups, that only have 2 or 3 speakers in the group? When I attempt to, they are all greyed out.

dragon123

Re: Multi-room Music - Speakers only in one group?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:47:53 am »
You didn't specify what kind of group you're talking about. For instance, you can create all the multi-room speaker groups you want.

laurin1

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 10:54:22 am »
I mentioned the group type in the title "Multi-room Music - Speakers only in one group?", sorry if that was unclear. Well, if you are correct, something is not working because it will not allow me to select any devices in for a new group.

dragon123

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 05:20:43 pm »
Are you using the website, android app or ios app? And did you update that app?
Don't know if it makes a difference, but like i said no issues here on android app updated to latest version. On a previous version of the android app you couldn't so better check if you have the latest version.

laurin1

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 08:29:00 pm »
I was using the website. I just tried on the iOS app and it worked fine. Thanks.

syvmom

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 11:04:26 am »
Laurin1, like you, I had no problem creating multiple groups, but each device could only belong to a single group.  For instance, if my Dot was in the "Downstairs" group, it could not be added to my "Everywhere" group because it was grayed out.

Thanks so much for posting your solution.  After months of banging my head against my desk, I tried it from my mobile device instead of the computer and it works perfectly!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:01:33 pm by syvmom »