Echo & Alexa Forums

Production Runs on Dot may be increasing

Kelleytoons

Production Runs on Dot may be increasing
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:42:04 pm »
Not sure if this is what is happening, but the Dot I ordered (which was BO until May) is now shipping to me this week (in two days -- yea!).  So it's *possible* they have increased production.  Either that or there were cancellations (which is equally possible but doubtful to me).

I had held off ordering for a month and so I wasn't in the first wave.  And then I waited a bit longer and my second Dot isn't coming until July, although I'm taking this first order as a sign I won't be waiting that long.

DParker

Re: Production Runs on Dot may be increasing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:12:15 pm »
I just ordered one and was told to expect it by Aug. 3.  My first Echo, ordered during the initial invitation-only release showed up a couple of weeks before the estimated delivery date, so I'm cautiously hopeful on this one as well.

Kelleytoons

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 07:33:58 am »
My second Echo, not supposed to be here until mid July, was just updated to be on my doorstep May 26th, so they have definitely increased production and shortened delivery times.

Those folks who were thinking they were getting theirs in July ought to check the order on Amazon to see (I had no notice of this change).

DParker

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 03:26:31 pm »
The estimated wait time for mine was just shortened by a couple of weeks, so that's also a good sign.