Echo & Alexa Forums

Voice Purchasing

robhc1964

Voice Purchasing
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:15:26 pm »
We have 3 Echo Dots (Gen 3). We cannot get voice purchasing to work. 5 calls to tech support and all they troubleshoot for an hour and the latest answer was " you can only buy certain items. This list pretty much included items except foods. All it will ever do is either set a reminder or add previous items purchased to the cart for later check out.

We tried all the items on the setup page. All items in the help section. All to no avail.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Re: Voice Purchasing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:45:27 am »
We have 3 Echo Dots (Gen 3). We cannot get voice purchasing to work. 5 calls to tech support and all they troubleshoot for an hour and the latest answer was " you can only buy certain items. This list pretty much included items except foods. All it will ever do is either set a reminder or add previous items purchased to the cart for later check out.

We tried all the items on the setup page. All items in the help section. All to no avail.

Any ideas would be helpful.

not sure what you meant.  are you saying the only thing you cannot buy is food?   if that is the case, it could be true.  grocery shopping is only available in selected cities. 

Offline kenf

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:23:20 am »
I've had voice purchasing turned off since I got Echo.  Seemed like a security and mis-ordering risk.

the one time I tried it, to take advantage of am Amazon promotion, it failed to hear the exact product I wanted three times, including reading off the name on the Amazon website.  So I cleared out the cart for the third time and re-disabled the feature.

Not worth it.  Order from a screen where you have control and precision.

robhc1964

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:45:23 pm »
Sorry for the confusion. The list had everything except food. Adding items to the cart is cool but if it’s items we have ordered it should at least order those. Tech support was really no help. Nice people but they can’t figure it out. I need a next level person or expert to look into it.

dragon123

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 06:10:31 pm »
This is a user forum though... You'll need to try Amazon support for any 'next level persons', as it is just us enthusiasts here  ;)

robhc1964

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 10:41:28 pm »
I thought for sure someone would have had an answer by now. I guess we’ll just use the shopping list feature and by everything from Walmart.

robhc1964

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 08:39:47 pm »
This is a user forum though... You'll need to try Amazon support for any 'next level persons', as it is just us enthusiasts here  ;)

Strange that there are plenty of questions asked here. I wonder if you give the same ‘friendly’ response to how to questions.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 02:50:29 am »

Strange that there are plenty of questions asked here. I wonder if you give the same ‘friendly’ response to how to questions.
I thought for sure someone would have had an answer by now. I guess we’ll just use the shopping list feature and by everything from Walmart.

I am as stump as you are.  I have voice ordered in the past and even some candy with no problems.    maybe need to be more specific as to what you want to order. 

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 02:53:52 am »

just nobody who can help in this case, unfortunately.  maybe check out amazons own user forum at https://www.amazonforum.com/