Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Changing over from Sonos to Echo

Echohome

Changing over from Sonos to Echo
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:50:21 am »
Hi all, I thought i would join after trying for days to find out if what i want to do is possible or not. I've owned Sonos equipment (playbar, Play1 and Connect) for some time now and im not happy with it. I have never been able to get the Alexa app to work with it, when ive had faults with hardware Sonos has been rubbish or take months to sort out and overall its overkill for my little cottage. i recently bought some echo spots which i have one in my bedroom and one in what is called the library (previously dinning room) these are perfect for the amount of sound i need from them in these rooms. i am looking to replace the playbar with the echo 2.1 set up and also adding a dot to kitchen and bathroom.
Now here is my problem. in my Sonos system i have a connect which is connected to a pre amp, which in turn has connected to that a record player, tape player and CD player. This is one device i have struggled to look at replacing with an echo product which is frustrating. is there anything out there at all which can be used to wirelessly play music from my record player/CD player/Tape player across or on any of the speakers. Thanks

fstbusa

Re: Changing over from Sonos to Echo
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:37:27 am »
Your question isn't that clear.  Do you wish to play music wirelessly from your nonsmart devices(record/cd/tape player) to your sonos speakers?   I'm not familiar with sonos but I believe they connect over wifi.  If so, I'm not aware of anything.  If they have Bluetooth, then yes.