Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:40:37 am »
son has decided I needed new technology so has bought me a Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), so setup and linked to laptop, tablets and phone, unlike him I don't have the latest gadgets, ie smart tv, my query is when I switch laptop, tablet etc., on or off, the echo dot tells me I am doing this, as if I didn't know, after all I have switched the things on/off, how do I turn this voice notification option off, all help and advice appreciated

Re: Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:27:42 pm »
you can go to settings, voice responses (on pc) and change it.  should be in a similar location on phone app. 

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:16:45 pm »
thank you renegade600, I have found how to change the voice but there uis no option for voice responses that I can find, a search shows no results

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:20:05 pm »
if you go where I told you, you can turn off the voice and just get a beep.

finally got up and checked it on the phone.  wow, did not know there is that much of a difference between the app and the browser page.

settings - alexa account - alexa voice responses and select brief mode.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:27:11 pm by renegade600 »

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:54 am »
thank you renegade600,, my laptop is an acer aspire and my phone is a galaxy s7, can't find the settings you mention, there is no alexa account showing but have played around so hopefully I have found it, we shall see, I did activate the s7 voice and couldn't get it off quick enough, what an irritation

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:06:47 am »
no, not found settings, alexa is still telling me what I already know