Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo randomly switching my telly HDMI?

Ashley1990

Echo randomly switching my telly HDMI?
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:06:24 pm »
Hello, I’m new to the forum because my amazon now echos has become super creepy to my household and keeping the long story short I have just emailed amazon and will attach that to this post and from that I  eagerly await responses to see if this is happening to other people.

Thanks.
If in wrong place I’m sorry but this is for technical support.

——-
The email was:
——-

Hello, new world order. Aka amazon

I bought a amazon echo on Christmas Day. Along with thousands of other people I’m fully aware amazon is now spying on me and running and saving things in the background but that’s the modern age. But on switching on the device this is where things get very weird. We tested out the echo with questions and standard “it’s a new device things” and within minutes our television started playing up. We was watching BBC and for a unknown reason the tv started switching HDMI channels and to the fire tv stick that was connected to this tv, this didn’t happened to any TVs on with fire tv sticks in the house at the time. at first we thought we was leaning on the remote. Checked no? We changed it back and then it kept happening and happening again and random and frequent intervals. We unplugged the echo and this stopped and really this hasn’t happened again. Ok maybe just a new bug and thought nothing more of it. Today 7th January I have bought a new Amazon echo dot for my bedroom, switches on. I’m was watching something on my bedrooms tv amazon stick. Nothing happened in here but I hears from downstairs “am I using my echo?” From my mum because yet again my tv downstairs is switch HDMI feeds to the fire stick or turning the telly off.

We  literally a few second before asked Alexa to play a song on Spotify. But was using the Alexa app on my phone prior? Maybe this is a cause? I can see and feel in some way all fire tv sticks, tablets, phones, echos are secretly connect and running together with people being unaware.

I kid you not this is not some creepy pasta but rather very creepy I may have to return these echo devices.

Is this some alien technology collecting data for some unknown future event? To top off this email I did write this within the help contact via email Alexa app - while the telly downstairs had stopped changing channels by this point - only for my phone to turn black and the app crash and my first version of this email lost - or is it? Skynet maybe reading while typing? Hiding evidence? . This just can’t be random or normal. Please enlighten me on this situation and solution.

Thank you
Human in a modern world-
Ashley.
Ps.i reckon as I read this to my friend aloud you have already heard this message anyway but I eagerly await a human response or what ever machine this reaches for a response. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:27:03 pm by Ashley1990 »

Ashley1990

Re: Echo randomly switching my telly HDMI?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 05:42:17 am »
Bump.

Re: Echo randomly switching my telly HDMI?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 06:15:21 pm »
this is the first I heard anything about this.  will millions of echos and firetv sticks sold, it makes me wonder if there is something else going on.