Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo - Hub Suggestions?

DLorenzosEcho

Echo - Hub Suggestions?
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:47:08 pm »
I currently have the Echo Plus, 3 DOTs and several Smart Bulbs (6 Sengled + 4 Philips). I know the Echo Plus has the built in HUB and it started out great, but I've been having some issues with my bulbs lately with my devices not being responsive (error message = Device Unresponsive).  I'm troubleshooting and have tried multiple trials including trying to clear any unnecessary wifi traffic from either of my wifi Networks 2.4 and/or 5Ghz.  No avail. still getting daily error message of Devices unresponsive; rendering my devices and bulbs unusable. I'm Considering adding the Sengled Smart Bulbs to a HUB as a resolution to help keep the bulbs "on-line" . 

Any suggestions from the Community here for a good HUB that I can connect to my Echo Plus for my Smart bulbs?  I currently have 6 Sengled Bulbs + 4 Philips Bulbs but actually planning to disconnect the x4 Philips bulbs and go with only the Sengled brand bulbs going forward to keep the brand consistent. 

suggestions on a good HUB that might meet my needs?

Thanks all! 

fstbusa

Re: Echo - Hub Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:36:23 am »
I have a smartthings system because of the versatility as well as the broad range of products that can connect to it... The only issues I've had are because of some specific devices and not the ST hub/platform itself.

anthonylaizure86

Re: Echo - Hub Suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:01:59 am »
I also have the newest Smartthings hub with no issues. I have even had good luck with items that are not supposed to be compatible when I go into the settings and change them to a ZigBee type of device. I have around 30 items at this time connected 6 months in.