Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa response on another device

Aroyale15

Alexa response on another device
« on: August 28, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »
I have an echo dot and every time I ask a question or ask to perform timer, it’s will show up on my fire 10 tablet. What is the setting to stop that.

Laurel

Re: Alexa response on another device
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:15:56 am »
I think you may have to turn Alexa off on your tablet--not sure if it can be done with turn off notification.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202083830

asianrocker

Re: Alexa response on another device
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 10:21:44 am »
LOL I would have expected you to be happy that your tablet was acting like an echo show but no you don't want that.

Any way in case you still want to know, it's coz they have the same trigger name. I changed my tablet's summon name to Amazon, since well that's the only other choice.

Anyway been searching fire TV tablet threads here coz I am finding more and more the awesomeness of it. It's a complete infotainment system with an AI to boot.

I honestly didn't feel the need to install playstore any more.

I mean you can install an app for free where you can watch tv, or download free books and games, in Amazon store like wow I don't know why I waited long to buy it. I especially liked that I'm reading Archie comics on my tablet. It's really cool. Never been this impressed with things I can download for free on playstore.

Any way enough of my babble. Very impressed.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:23:45 am by asianrocker »