Echo & Alexa Forums

Anylist and Any.do conflict

Danydan

Anylist and Any.do conflict
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:18:34 pm »
I am a recent Alexa user, just got my first Echo as a Christmas gift, and quite happy so far (even though here in Canada we have far less options).

I've been trying to figure out the best way to use Alexa for both my many lists (I have memory problems so I use lists for everything, shopping, movies to see, medications I take, etc.) and to-dos/tasks.

I used to use a combo of Fantastical and Wunderlist... but neither have Alexa skills in Canada, and Wunderlist will soon be "retired", so I might as well change.

My calendar has been synced through iCloud, but not my reminders, which I don't understand...
I checked a few apps which have Alexa skills, my favorites were Anylist for lists, and Any.do for to-do's. I did NOT like Any.do for list management. Too few options for my needs.

I soon noticed that if I synced a list on one app with Alexa, it appeared on the other app. And if I removed it, it un-synced on the first app.
Say I create a "Costco" list on Anylist and click "sync with Alexa", a "Costco" list will appear on Any.do.
If I un-check "sync with Alexa" for that "Costco" list on Any.do (which is the only way to remove it!), it ALSO gets un-synced from Anylist!!!

I'm trying to find a way to unsync those 2 apps, or find another great list or to-do app... but I can't seem to find any.
This is ridiculous.

Re: Anylist and Any.do conflict
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 02:56:36 pm »
why don't you use alexa's own list features instead of a third party?  you can create many different lists by clicking the plus sign at the top right of the list page.