Echo & Alexa Forums

using Echo & Echo Input to play music through B&O A9 and Sonos simultaneously?

mattmac95

Hi there,

I am new to the whole Echo thing, so just trying to find the best way to get this set up in my house.

Currently, we have Sonos installed in our kitchen and the bedrooms. In the living room we have a B&O A9 speaker which we just control via Bluetooth on our iPad, so there's no Sonos in there. Obviously this isn't the ideal situation, as it would be great if we could group the Sonos system with the B&O speaker in some way to control everything at the same time.

I was looking at getting an Echo or Echo Dot for the kitchen so that we can control the Sonos system with Alexa, and I noticed that Amazon have recently released a new product: the Echo Input which, as I understand it, essentially turns an existing speaker into an Alexa-enabled speaker via a 3.5mm aux or bluetooth connection.

My question is, if I were to purchase both an Echo (or Echo dot) for the Sonos system (set up in the kitchen), and an Echo Input for the B&O speaker in the living room, will there be a way to group all of this so that I can ask Alexa to play music in the kitchen and the living room at the same time - i.e. using the Sonos system and the B&O speaker - for example?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

buffaloquinn

I don't know about the Echo Input for definite, but all other Echo devices can be formed into music groups and play simultaneously. The biggest issue is you're limited to what can play to music groups.
Check out this article;
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-echo-multi-room-music-setup,review-4634.html