Echo & Alexa Forums

Implementing Alexa with secondary Logitech Harmony Hub - Impossible or almost

titus_t

Hi,
I have implemented Alexa to control the Logitech Harmony Hub, and it works great, I really really like it.
BUT, I wanted to extend and buy a second Harmony Hub. Before doing this I did a bit of research and noticed that, it is impossible of very difficult to implement a second hub with Alexa, because of the way the Alexa skill talks to Harmony.
I decided to call Logitech Harmony tech support and they confirmed to me that the only way to make it work is by creating another Amazon account and register the Alexa device that will control the second hub on the second Amazon account. This iwould be a nightmare.
Then I called Amazon and I told them what Logitech suggested, and they said it can be done but they don't recommend it, because having a second Amazon account on the same name with a Different email would be quite confusing.
Amazon Alexa customer service also said that they don't have a solution for a second hub.
I told them that I saw a Skill called Harmony - secondary Hub but is available only on amazon.com not on amazon.ca
Yes... they said they don't control the skills.
Anyway, I am stuck. Any ideas ?
Any Harmony Hub users here?
Another option is to find another IR blaster similar to Harmony hub, but there are not many options. There is not competition to the Harmony Hub.
I am open to any suggestion

you can always contact the skill developer and see if they could help.  clicking on their privacy policy or the terms of use in the skill and it should take you to their website where you can contact them from there. 

There is at least one other entertainment hub available... Broadlink builds one that has some decent reviews as well... Look up "Harmony Hub Alternatives" online and you will find some other options as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline kevb

You can try running HA Bridge- it is a program that emulates a Hue Hub. You can have multiple Harmony Hubs on the bridge. It does take a bit to set up, but it works pretty well once it is.  https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge