Echo & Alexa Forums

Limiting drop in

Limiting drop in
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:18:09 am »
I have six dots. I'd like to set one of them so it can't "drop in" and allow the other 5 to "drop in". Is that possible?

I have one at work and I don't want it to be able to drop in on my home dots.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:38:51 am by tngw1500se »

Re: Limiting drop in
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:55:32 pm »
go into the individual dot settings and turn on do not disturb. 

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:22 pm »
That makes it so no dot can drop in. I want all my dots to be able to drop in on each other except one. I want that one not to be able to drop in on any others,

buffaloquinn

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 05:28:16 pm »
in the app, click on the 3 bars at the top left, select settings at bottom, select device settings & scroll down till you find the Dot you want to turn off. Choose communications, select drop in & turn it off.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:30 pm »
That makes it so no dot can drop in. I want all my dots to be able to drop in on each other except one. I want that one not to be able to drop in on any others,

no it does not.  It only stops the one you are changed the setting on. 

buffaloquinn

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 09:44:41 pm »

The problem is "Do Not Disturb" stops all Alexa communication (except alarms & timers) so that's not what he's looking for.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 10:08:53 pm »

It makes it so that one dot can't be contacted by any dot. That's not what I want. I want the one at work not to be able to drop in on my home dots. I still want all my home dots to be able to drop in on each other.

buffaloquinn

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 09:28:30 am »
Two options then. One: Turn off "communications" for the device at work or Two: Put the device at work on a separate Amazon account. There is no way to block one device from dropping in on other devices at this time, you can only block it from being dropped in on. Turning off communications for that device will do it but you also lose messaging & calling.