Echo & Alexa Forums

Email Pro skill

Email Pro skill
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:30:31 pm »
I used newton to have alexa to read my emails.  it was great but they went out of business.  Lost money since I did not get a prorated refund of my subscription.  Was looking at another skill today called Email Pro.  It looked good and was going to sign up to give it a try and see if it was as good as Newton.  However, it seem amateurish and about half way through the registration process I stopped because it was getting confusing and started to wonder if I was giving up my email account info and possible credit card info if I decided to subscribe. 

anyone use Email Pro from Eklectic Core?  and do you think it is trustworthy since it is in the amazon skill store.  are am I just paranoid all because I have been burned twice since getting alexa, once by tcp connected and then newton.  I really miss having alexa read the emails when I first get up in the mornings. 

finally, is there another one that someone here might be using that works with other email services besides just google mail.

Offline jwlv

Re: Email Pro skill
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 05:55:01 pm »

Re: Email Pro skill
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 06:17:20 pm »
Looks like some other company bought Newton.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/7/18130853/essential-cloudmagic-newton-email-app-company

I read that article earlier.  Hopefully Essential will release it for everyone and not just use it on their phones.  I want it back.  it is the only one that really worked and fit my needs.

I doubt I will be subscribing to email pro.  I went ahead and install to test it on a throw away email account to see how it works.  I hate it and it will not let you test it on multiple accounts.  I was hoping since it would have worked with all my email accounts instead of just gmail as the other email skills.