Echo & Alexa Forums

how to change alexa app host?

samemiki

how to change alexa app host?
« on: December 05, 2018, 01:25:07 pm »
Hello all,

Anyone know how to change the host of alexa app?

I have an Amazon Echo Show, 1st gen, which has been working fine but suddenly stops working with my phone because alexa app shows the device as offline. I've checked that my echo show is connected to the internet and if I login to alexa.amazon.com, the device is online and my recent interaction with the echo show is kept. However, if I login to alexa.amazon.com.au (I now live in Australia), the device is there but shown as offline, and none of my recent interactions are there. Worse is, the host of Alexa App in my mobile is alexa.amazon.com.au (rather than alexa.amazon.com), which I believe caused my echo show to stop working with my phone. It seems there's 2 ways to resolve this issue:
1. Change my device to be registered with amazon australia. I think I know how to do this, but I hesitate because 1st gen echo show seems to not be available to the Australian market, only the 2nd gen echo show ships to Australia.
2. Change the host of my alexa app, which I don't know how. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:32:38 pm by samemiki »