Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Plus + Hue + Dots

Via

Echo Plus + Hue + Dots
« on: December 02, 2018, 10:10:48 am »
Hi,

Just got my 2nd Gen Echo Plus and loving it, especially the Philips Hue stuff and have a couple of questions...

The Plus is in bedroom and have ordered a couple of the latest dots for downstairs (kitchen and living room) if I replaced the lights downstairs with hue stuff will I be able to use Plus as hub still and control them from the dots?

If so I want to create a "Alexa Hello" routine for coming home which puts the lights on for me, I use both front and back doors depending if using car or not is there a way in routines to recognise which Echo was closest and turn that room's lights on?

dragon123

Re: Echo Plus + Hue + Dots
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:08:37 pm »
What you probably want to do is create a "smart group" that includes the lights and the echo in that room.
Then when in that room you say" Alexa, turn on the lights" and she knows you mean the lights in the room you are in.

However, I personally use a hue bridge and have geofencing turned on, plus I use hue motion sensors at both doors. Makes it easier for me and visitors (plus, safety feature).

No idea if the plus will support geofencing and/or motionsensors, as I don't own one.

In most rooms in my house I did make smart groups, it IS a wonderful feature  :)