Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Noob Help for Multiple Echos & Sonos

Thackers

Noob Help for Multiple Echos & Sonos
« on: November 10, 2018, 03:48:18 pm »
Hi all
This is my first post so thank you

I currently have a single Echo dot gen3 in the kitchen linked to a Sonos connect amp and hard wired Ceiling speakers and both work perfect.
I’m currently running Amazon unlimited , Spotify and Apple music all on free trials and all work great.

I have 2 questions.

1.Can I purchase Two echo pluses for my kids to use in bedrooms and another echo dot for the lounge for us all to share one of the paid music services( what would be best value)?

2. If I have multiple echos in the house linked can my kitchen echo dot still control My Sonos setup.

Thanks in advance 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:02:49 am by Thackers »

Re: Noob Help for Multiple Echos
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 03:51:28 pm »
1.  if you have the proper accounts with the music service, your kids can use it.
2.  adding addition dots will not affect the kitchen dot and sonos.

Thackers

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:54:20 pm »
Thanks for the  super quick reply

So I use multiple echos all on a single amazon account ?

What is the cheapest family Music services option to have a linked account so all of us can play our own music at the same time ?

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 10:02:50 pm »
yes you can use multiple echos on one amazon account
someone else will have to help with the music accounts.  my only suggestion would be to go to the different music sites that work with alexa and see what is available. 

Thackers

Re: Noob Help for Multiple Echos & Sonos
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 03:26:11 am »
Ok really appreciate all this.

Last question

Once I group multiple echos , can I definitely use just one of them to control my Sonos Zone as I do now with just a single Echo dot ?