Echo & Alexa Forums

Support for Vera smart home automation on routines

robie

Support for Vera smart home automation on routines
« on: November 08, 2018, 03:48:28 am »
Hi. Will amazon alexa routines support the vera smart home and its devices?  currently i cannot find any of my smart home device on the alexa routines as a device trigger.

I bought all of my smart home devices via amazon and its sad that support to my vera home smart devices is not supported.

Re: Support for Vera smart home automation on routines
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:43 am »
you did not mention what vera devices you are talking about.   look like it is not an amazon issue but vera issue.

the following will give a list of devices that will not work with alexa.

https://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2648086.

Offline kevb

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 07:33:24 am »
If you have a Vera, create a scene there and have Alexa run the scene instead of using a routine. Alternatively you can run the "HA Bridge" on a pc and use that. Alexa can see the devices there. I currently have a Vera, but I don't use the native Alexa ability. I use the bridge as it came out first. Good luck!

robie

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 01:57:34 am »
you did not mention what vera devices you are talking about.   look like it is not an amazon issue but vera issue.

the following will give a list of devices that will not work with alexa.

https://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2648086.

it's a communication between two systems, so it is both an amazon and vera issue.  the vera control skill enables voice control on most of the smart home devices in the vera system.  however, status changes in vera couldn't trigger alexa actions such as making an announcement.

robie

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:03:52 am »
If you have a Vera, create a scene there and have Alexa run the scene instead of using a routine. Alternatively you can run the "HA Bridge" on a pc and use that. Alexa can see the devices there. I currently have a Vera, but I don't use the native Alexa ability. I use the bridge as it came out first. Good luck!

thanks kevb for the suggestion but i was hoping for a built-in solution in either the vera controller or the amazon device.  i guess if a third party can make it work, it can be done within either of the 2 devices.  guess i have to wait longer...