Echo & Alexa Forums

Gripes - maybe someone can help me

b16707

Gripes - maybe someone can help me
« on: October 31, 2018, 11:21:35 am »
Hello everyone! Been trying to figure things out with my new Show2 that has been a bit frustrating so in searching for a place to get help looks like you guys in echotalk was the place to be! I suppose most of these are having more non-talk functionality in the screen - i.e. why do i have to tell alexa to show me weather when it can just display on idle. Or maybe this isnt the point of an echo show(?), if so i might as well just go back to my echo dot, why pay more when the show cant show more. Anyways...

-anyway to get the show to cycle through my calendar items instead of having it just show the 1st calendar reminder, thus having me have to click into to see more.
-anyway to get a larger clock on idle?
-can i add more things to the homescreen like weather and have that cycle through with my calendar?
-one of the most annoying things is why can alexa turn off one of my lights but not turn it on. everything else works in terms of light switches by voice.

thanks so much all!

Laurel

Re: Gripes - maybe someone can help me
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:02:58 pm »
I can address the calendar issue. Ask "Alexa show me my calendar for the next week" and then ask "next" for the ones that aren't showing on the screen.  She only does the week ahead.

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 12:07:23 pm »
Our time showing on the Echo Show screen is quite large. It is a digital read out. I'm old and wear glasses and it is plenty large enough to see.

b16707

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 06:19:16 pm »
just wishing it could just show the calendar items on the screen and scroll through them like it does other useless info like sports or stocks. Saves me a literal step of asking.