Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Spotify on Echo Spot

Cryoman

Spotify on Echo Spot
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:32 pm »
I've just set up my Alexa Echo Spot and I'm trying to play music via Spotify (yes, I do have a Spotify Premium Account).
I ask Alexa to "Play Spotify" and she starts saying "resuming Spotify..." then nothing. I have linked my account via the app but its not working. I've tried "Alexa play my playlist" to no avail.
Am I missing something? I'll be really disappointed if this does not actually work...

AlanH

Re: Spotify on Echo Spot
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 02:53:05 am »
Are you being more specific than simply “Play Spotify” or “Alexa play my playlist”?

Try “Alexa, shuffle songs by Lana Del Ray from Spotify” or “Alexa, play my Soundtracks playlist from Spotify”. Have you tried playing from the Spotify app, and selecting your Spot as the connected device?

Cryoman

Re: Spotify on Echo Spot
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:03:40 am »
First off, thanks AlanH for taking the time to respond.
A bit of searching on YouTube produced the answer. It turns out to be a bit of a newbie blunder I suppose, but an easy mistake to make.
Basically I had linked my Spotify Premium account to the Echo Spot and I thought that was it, but it isn't. The other step is to select Spotify as your default music service. I did that from the Alexa Android app (although you can do it from a PC exactly the same).
Go to settings>Music & Media (under Alexa Preferences)>Under "Account Settings" there's a box for "Choose Default music services. This is set to Amazon Music by default (obviously), so just select "Spotify" and click Done and you are, er, done.
I don't know what the "Default Station Service" button does on the same page however, it seems stuck to Amazon Music so I'll leave that.

I just need to get my Synology NAS Audiostation linked now and I am ready to Rock & Roll!