Echo & Alexa Forums

Shopping help.

Shopping help.
« on: October 16, 2018, 02:52:57 pm »
Hi.

I am new to the Echo, got it yesterday, but was really looking forward to the shopping list side of things. It would be very useful for me, however, it seems I was mistaken when watching the ads and it appears you need other things in order to get this thing to work.

For example. I wanted to be able to add things to a shopping list and then when ready ask Alexa to send the list to my Android phone ready for when I go to the shops.

Is this not possible?

If it is would someone please be so kind as to help with details/links as to what to do to get this working please.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.
I love technology . . . . When it works

Re: Shopping help.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:11:38 pm »
your list is already on your android phone, it is in the alexa app.  you should be able to access it while shopping.  however...

there is an alexa skill called list assistant that will email the shopping list to you.   there are some ifttt apps that will email or message the shopping list to you.   the only problem with ifttt apps is it could take up to an hour to get it.  I recently started using the list assistant skill and it works better and faster.