Echo & Alexa Forums

Deleting skills

sdecho

Deleting skills
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:21:19 pm »
I just received my first Echo (Echo plus 2nd gen) and installed a skill called AnyMote to try to control an older TV using Alexa. It wasn't working well so I disabled the skill but as I'm trying to learn Alexa's functions it will randomly ask me if I want to use AnyMote for that task. How do I permanently remove a skill so that Alexa forgets about it?

Also, I'm looking for a way to do minor TV controls with Alexa. I have a FireTV so I can turn the TV on by asking Alexa to open the FireTV home screen or launch an app but no way to turn the TV off. Does anyone have a suggestion? It's a smart TV but from 2012 and Samsung's SmartThings app doesn't support so I need a third party solution.

Re: Deleting skills
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:17:12 pm »
check out logitech harmony hub and see if it is what you need.  as far as the skill, I am not familiar with it but if you had to create an account when you first enable it, delete it. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:19:59 pm by renegade600 »

Offline jwlv

Re: Deleting skills
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:42:32 am »
Once you delete a skill, it's gone forever until you enable it again.
But whether or not you've used a particular skill in the past, Alexa will always recommend certain skills based on what you are asking for. For example, if you ask some type of cooking or recipe question, Alexa might recommend whatever the top cooking skill is at the time.