Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo show (version 1) keeps dropping audio streaming but dot is ok

Pete

I’ve been having problems with my echo show for months... audio streaming (bbc radio, tunein or audible) keeps dropping out (momentarily losing sound for split seconds and coming back onmfor a few more seconds before repeating). Unusual happens once it’s been on for about 15 minutes then problems don’t  stop.

Tried moving it to different roooms / location, rebooting Wi-Fi (virgin media superhub 3), disenabling Bluetooth and factory reset but problems persist. Don’t have any issues with my Echo dot (second gen).

Does anyone  else have similar issues or know how to fix it?

P

Re: Echo show (version 1) keeps dropping audio streaming but dot is ok
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »
sounds like it is buffering.   have you checked your internet connections?   any problems streaming long videos on  your computer or other devices?

Pete

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:30:59 pm »
Yeah. It’s exactly like a buffering issue but haven’t had any problems with any other streaming..Netflix etc. I even don’t have problems with the echo dot when I use it to stream the same stuff as the show - at the same time?

jsmithy

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 10:14:06 am »
Hi

I'm having problems recently with my Echo (2nd generation). It is dropping the connection when streaming radio or whatever, quite often. It is also, with increasing frequency lately, telling me it's 'having problems connecting to the Internet...' when none of my other devices are reporting or having problems connecting. It's very frustrating as I don't want to keep asking it to start playing again or restart the Echo all the time. It couldn't be closer to the router (I have BT fast fibre), so that shouldn't be the issue either. :'(

J

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 01:17:36 pm »
Hi

I'm having problems recently with my Echo (2nd generation). It is dropping the connection when streaming radio or whatever, quite often. It is also, with increasing frequency lately, telling me it's 'having problems connecting to the Internet...' when none of my other devices are reporting or having problems connecting. It's very frustrating as I don't want to keep asking it to start playing again or restart the Echo all the time. It couldn't be closer to the router (I have BT fast fibre), so that shouldn't be the issue either. :'(

J

there is such thing as too close to the router.  move it about five feet away and see what happens.  also you can try a power cycle and see if it helps.  pull the power from the router for a slow 10 count then plug back in.   sometimes even though all other devices are working, the one that is not may not have a solid connection to the router. 

iolinux333

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 03:29:18 am »
I was having all kinds of troubles similar to above until I threw away my entire WiFi setup and replaced everything with a three node Google Mesh. Years of struggling with issues like above just evaporated and everything is perfect now. Google Mesh is a miracle. I think I paid $250 on Amazon. I hesitated for a long time because I thought that was expensive.  After using it I think it's the bargain of the year.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:38 am »
I was having all kinds of troubles similar to above until I threw away my entire WiFi setup and replaced everything with a three node Google Mesh. Years of struggling with issues like above just evaporated and everything is perfect now. Google Mesh is a miracle. I think I paid $250 on Amazon. I hesitated for a long time because I thought that was expensive.  After using it I think it's the bargain of the year.

this tells me two things, you either did not have your old router in a good location for the signal reach the whole house or you had the wrong type of router.  one of the most common mistakes is most users think the router must stay with the modem.   Most modems are located close to an outer wall and not in the center of the home thus the whole house is not covered.    that is why I don't like the modem/router combos.   This is where the mesh has the advantage - it is easier to cover the whole home.   fortunately my apartment is small enough where a router covers the whole place or I would be using a mesh.