Echo & Alexa Forums

Stereo Pair and Timers

gothick

Stereo Pair and Timers
« on: October 13, 2018, 05:30:55 am »
I've got two new Echo Pluses set up as a stereo pair. I'm generally happy with them, and they sound great. However, if I set a timer, one of the Echos picks that up and the timer is associated with that Echo alone. If I then try to cancel the timer (or stop it sounding) it only works if the particular Echo associated with the timer is the one that hears me.

Is there a way of making them act as a real pair of devices? I've considered: (a) turning the microphone off on one of them, but that leaves me with a constant red glow in the room, and (b) changing the wake-word on one of them, but I'm guessing that leaves me open to twice as many false triggerings while I'm watching TV...

I'd really expected them to act as a single unit for timers, etc., as well as for stereo playback.

Thanks!

Matt

RazMan

Re: Stereo Pair and Timers
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:44:34 am »
I have the same problem - a stereo pair of plus bluetoothed to my TV. I can only get one channel unless I connect each one individually (but then they are out of sync and sound terrible)
If I ask for music only one channel plays (the one that hears me)
The only way I can get both channels in sync is to use my phone app with the 'everywhere' command

Sounds like a software issue to me