Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo show V2 home screen slideshow

Gp56

Echo show V2 home screen slideshow
« on: October 13, 2018, 12:18:20 am »
Just got the new echo show.  I am using prime photos as slideshow on the home screen. Pics will change for around ten minutes and then it just stays on one pic.  If I ask Alexa to do something, let’s say show settings and then say show home screen the home screen pic will change when it goes back to home screen and the same cycle begins again and stops in around 10 minutes.  My first gen echo show does not do this.  Any ideas why this is happening?

David S

Re: Echo show V2 home screen slideshow
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 04:25:00 pm »
I have the same problem. I’ve gone back to settings and changed the photo choice to something else and after it displays different photos, I again set it back to Prime photos. I’ve had to do this several times in the few days I’ve had it. Glad I’m not the only one (misery loves company)... I assume it must be a bug that will hopefully be corrected soon.

Gp56

Re: Echo show V2 home screen slideshow
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 11:40:34 pm »
I reset mine yesterday, did setup again, same results.  I emailed Amazon about it they want me to call them back, haven’t bothered, don’t feel like spending an hour on a call.  They will probably have me review settings and unplug the show and then plug in again, which will be a waste of my time.

I guess a future firmware update will resolve this.