Echo & Alexa Forums

Waterproof protection shells for Echo or Echo Dot

Nf2fight@gmail.com

Waterproof protection shells for Echo or Echo Dot
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:28:05 am »
I recently decided to put Echo Dot on the back porch of my homes. First though I need to locate a waterproof case to prevent it from damage from the rain. Does anyone know if there are waterproof protective shells that would prevent an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot from being damaged from rain? If so what is it called and who makes it?

Re: Waterproof protection shells for Echo or Echo Dot
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:18:24 am »
any protected shells could affect the signal.  maybe use the new Echo input when it is released.  connect it to a waterproof bluetooth speaker.   it is not water proof either but it don't have a speaker in it so fewer holes for water

bitstopjoe

Re: Waterproof protection shells for Echo or Echo Dot
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 11:57:17 am »
I recently decided to put Echo Dot on the back porch of my homes. First though I need to locate a waterproof case to prevent it from damage from the rain. Does anyone know if there are waterproof protective shells that would prevent an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot from being damaged from rain? If so what is it called and who makes it?
I keep my Dot (2nd Gen) in my mudroom ( which can get quite damp) and I have it in a small Ziplock bag ( the one with the double lock strips). I also smoke my cigars in the Mudroom. Other than a slight loss in volume seems unfazed by the Ziplock. It stays dry and unaffected by cigar smaoke ( no smell at all)So I would imagine it should work for you, if there no holes or leaks in the Ziplock of course.  You can always test it first with a piece of cotton and see if the cotton gets wet. Just a thought.........

Joe